Saturday, December 24, 2022

Thursday Movie Picks #441: Winter Sports



Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share your movie picks each Thursday. The rules are simple: based on the theme of the week pick three to five movies and tell us why you picked them. For further details and the schedule visit the series main page here.

---

This week's Thursday Movie Picks is Winter Sports

---

This is coming in late, so it’ll be a quick one. I am picking my most recent watches.

Mystery, Alaska (2006)
Ice Hockey. This is a nice little sports drama (though a little forgettable) about a small town community hockey team that gets a lot of attention I think because they play on a naturally forming ice rink…it was a frozen lake or pond.

Eddie the Eagle (2015)
Ski Jumping. I didn’t enjoy this film. I thought it was fairly boring.

I, Tonya (2017)
Ice Skating. This is the movie today that I really like and it was such a surprise. It’s a sports drama biopic with some mockumentary elements and dark humor.
 
---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this series, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

---

Participating Blogs/Bloggers

 

2 comments:

  1. I'm late here...I think it's due to the recent festivities...lol. we Match with Mystery but, I think, I liked it better than you did. I want yo see Eddie The Eagle since I remember him at the Olympics for real. I, Tonya is actually excellent. I didn't think I would like it because I dislike the real Tonya Harding but it was quite good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know anything about Eddie the Eagle, since you do, you might like the movie more. However from what I've read they change a lot from the real story - like Jackman's character is fictitious and Eddie trained in the US but the movie had him train in Germany I think.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...