Thursday, February 24, 2022

Thursday Movie Picks #398: Romance Tropes / TMP Television Edition: Workplace Romance


Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share your movie picks each Thursday. The rules are simple: based on the theme of the week pick three to five movies and tell us why you picked them. For further details and the schedule visit the series main page here.

---


This week's Thursday Movie Picks is Romance Tropes / TMP Television Edition: Workplace Romance

 

---
 
Hey it's February and it's time for the Romance Tropes Edition. Take a look at what's in store for the rest of the month. 
 
February 3 - Romance Tropes Edition: Enemies to Lovers
February 10 - Romance Tropes Edition: Famous Person and Non-Famous Person Romance
February 17 - Romance Tropes Edition: Second Chance Love
February 24 - Romance Tropes / TMP Television Edition: Workplace Romance
 

This is the last of the Romance Tropes Edition, I hope you've enjoyed it. Today's theme isn't that hard. Almost every workplace series has some romantic relationship in it. My picks are some of my favourite series and I do enjoy the romantic side stories, though I would say for most of them not much romantic stuff actually happens especially with the series that are still ongoing. One of the characters is usually unavailable, they are either engaged or married and even when they eventually get divorced or their spouse dies from a disease, the characters still don't get together (yet for the ongoing series) because even though it's clear they have great affection for one another they're afraid it will destroy their friendship.
 
Superstore (2015 - 2021)
I love this series. It is so much fun. The employees at this store are just so wacky so it's very funny. I haven't seen the final season and the last one I saw, the characters were still in the friendzone, but I've always love the banter between both of them and they've been tiptoeing around the prospect of something more between them for a very long time.

C.B. Strike (2017 - )
This is one of my favourite new crime TV series based on JK Rowling's books. The two main characters are a private detective and his assistant. There's clearly something there between them but neither crosses the line. He is her boss, who just ended a long relationship, and she is engaged though her fiance is a shit and there were moments that it seemed she was going to call off the wedding. I do hope the two of them would get together eventually.
 
The Chair (2021 -)
I picked this a month ago for 2021 Freshmen Series. This was a fun comedy too. Sandra Oh plays the new chair of an English department who has a major crush on her best friend at work and everyone at work knows this though I'm not entirely sure if it had been reciprocated then, because he was married. But his wife has since died and he is coming out of I think a year long depression over her death so even though I think they eventually share a kiss in one of the episodes they still seem more in the friendzone but if we get a new season, their relationship might evolve.
 
---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this series, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

---

Participating Blogs/Bloggers

 

7 comments:

  1. Oh I forgot about The Chair! I was going to look into that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to watch Superstore for a while now. I also read the Strike novels (a couple of them) and am intrigued by the show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not read any of the Strike novels so I have no idea how it compares but I really like the TV series.

      Superstore has quite a number of seasons but it is only a half hour show and I think it has been consistently good, so go for it.

      Delete
  3. I love the Superstore and find it hilarious. You are right about the relationship. I have not even heard about your second choice but it sounds good. I have heard of the last one but have not seen any episodes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Superstore is so much fun. I hope the series gets added to Netflix so I can watch the last season.

      Delete
  4. I've heard so many good things about The Chair - I really need to watch it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...