Thursday, March 24, 2022

Thursday Movie Picks #402: Gaslighting



Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share your movie picks each Thursday. The rules are simple: based on the theme of the week pick three to five movies and tell us why you picked them. For further details and the schedule visit the series main page here.

---

This week's Thursday Movie Picks is Gaslighting

---

 
I'm picking the ones I like.

The Invisible Man (2020)
A woman believes her abusive ex husband's death is a hoax and that he is still tormenting her. I've picked this a couple of times before because I really enjoyed it and this theme was also inspired by it.

Unsane (2018)
A woman is involuntarily committed to a mental institution where she soon alleges that one of its employees is her stalker. The movie has this nightmarish claustrophobic look to it which I thought effectively brings the main character's predicament to life.

What Lies Beneath (2000)
A woman believes her home is haunted. I saw this 20 years ago and decided to rewatch it last year. I still think it is a pretty good ghost movie/thriller.

 
---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this series, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

---

Participating Blogs/Bloggers

 

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh Unsane is such a great pick. That movie was far better than I expected it to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know much about it before but had wanted to watch it because I think Claire Foy is good actress.

      Delete
  2. I almost went with “What Lies Beneath” which is a good thriller/ ghost story. It’s acted very well by both main characters. I have not seen this remake of the Invisible man nor have I seen unsane which sounds scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What Lies Beneath - While I think it's still good, when I saw it back then I found it scarier.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...