Thursday, March 31, 2022

Thursday Movie Picks #403: TMP Television Edition - Family Comedies



Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share your picks each Thursday. The rules are simple: based on the theme of the week pick three to five titles and tell us why you picked them. For further details and the schedule visit the series main page here.

---

This week's Thursday Movie Picks is TMP Television Edition -  Family Comedies

---


I'm just picking half hour family comedies and the ones that immediately came to mind.

Schitt's Creek (2015-2020)
This got added to Netflix this year so I just started watching and I'm about halfway through and am enjoying it. I find the adult children who are still very childish funny.

Arrested Development (2003 - 2019)
I have only seen the original seasons and not the 2 season revival that came out a few years ago. Anyway I really like the original seasons. I had back then not seen anything like it as a half hour comedy; it was full of sarcasm and dark humour.
 
8 Simple Rules (2002 - 2006)
This was a pretty funny family comedy back in the early 2000s. What made me remember this after all these years is that it was the first show I had seen where the main actor, John Ritter who plays the father, passed away when they were still filming the series. It was actually very early in the second season so the writers had to write his death into the series...what a turn because it is a comedy and they had to do the "goodbye" episodes that show the bleaker aspect of life and have this fictional family deal with their husband/father's death; as far as I remembered it was decently done.
 
---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this series, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

--- 

Participating Blogs/Bloggers
 

4 comments:

  1. Schitt's Creek is one I would like to start, but it seems like such a huge undertaking at this point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a half hour comedy though so I watch it here and there between shows.

      Delete
  2. I love Schitt’s Creek and watched it from the beginning when it was on CBC before Netflix. It is so well written and funny. I tried to do that accent of O’Hara’s and could not. I have only seen snippets of Arrested which looks quite funny. I hope to see it one day. I tried watching 8Simple Rules because of the actors but I found the humour forced. Whenhe died it was a shock. John Ritter died too young...again I say this. I was glad James Garner came on board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O’Hara’s character is funny and she only dresses in black and white.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...