Thursday, March 10, 2022

Thursday Movie Picks #400: Falsely Accused



Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share your movie picks each Thursday. The rules are simple: based on the theme of the week pick three to five movies and tell us why you picked them. For further details and the schedule visit the series main page here.

---

This week's Thursday Movie Picks is Falsely Accused

---


Today is TMP's 400th edition and it is a suggestion by Getter. This is quite an easy one since there are quite a number of crime thrillers with this type of plot. Here are my 3 most recent watches.

Eagle Eye (2008)
I avoided this when it came out because Shia LaBeouf was also in Transformers and this to me seemed too similar; just mindless action with a lot of exploding things. So I finally saw this last year and it was ok. The action was decent but I didn’t really care for the plot, it was so silly.

The Invisible Man (2020)
The being falsely accused of a crime thing isn’t really the central plot of the movie, but it is what happen to the main character about halfway through and because of it she is remanded to a psychiatric hospital. I really like this movie. I like how they turn the story, based on HG Wells Invisible Man, into one of domestic abuse and gaslighting where victims of such often continue to be haunted by the trauma they’ve experienced.
 
Next Three Days (2010)
Found this on Netflix last year. I don’t think I was aware of the movie before then. It’s a pretty good thriller. In short it’s about a man attempting a prison break for his wife whom he believed was falsely accused of murder. This is actually a remake of a French movie which I would like to see as well.

 
---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this series, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

---

Participating Blogs/Bloggers

 

4 comments:

  1. I had completely forgotten about Eagle Eye! But now I remember seeing it in the theater... completely forgettable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not seen the first 2. I don’t know if I’ll see the first one because, well, Shia. I might check out the second film. I liked the 3rd film and found t quite good actually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Invisible Man is a great choice. I haven't seen any of your other picks, though I've seen bits of Eagle Eye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost went with The Invisible Man. Still need to watch it, but the trailer sure looked intriguing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...