Thursday, January 13, 2022

Thursday Movie Picks #392: Movies Set in Hospitals



Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share your movie picks each Thursday. The rules are simple: based on the theme of the week pick three to five movies and tell us why you picked them. For further details and the schedule visit the series main page here.

---

This week's Thursday Movie Picks is Movies Set in Hospitals

---
 

Today's theme of the day is a suggestion from Birgit. This is quite a challenging one as I'm going for regular hospitals rather than mental institutions (which was a theme a few years ago) and hospitals as a setting is more often utilized in the  realm of TV rather than movies. My picks today are ones that came immediately to mind as well as being ones I haven't picked for any TMPs before.

The Eye (2002)
This is the one I watched most recently. I saw the remake featuring Jessica Alba ages ago but had missed the original. While not a favourite, I thought The Eye was pretty good; not too scary with a decent amount of scares. I was just thinking...that if you're afraid of hospitals this is not the scary movie for you. Anyway, the late 1990s and early 2000s was the time Asian horror made it big with quite a number of popular ones and Hollywood jumped on them quickly, remaking a lot of them. Unfortunately it doesn't seem we've been making them like before, I certainly haven't heard of any good ones recently.

The Big Sick (2017)
This was quite a hit when it came out wasn't it. It got a lot of nomination and wins. I didn't like it as much as everyone else; I thought it was just ok.

The Good Doctor (2011)
Orlando Bloom is always playing some large fantasy or historical character, it was nice seeing him as just a guy. I don't remember much of this anymore, but I like it...it was more of a quiet thriller.

 
---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this series, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

---

Participating Blogs/Bloggers

 

5 comments:

  1. I have not seen any of these including The Big Sick which was a big hit when it came out. I only know the tv show The Good Doctor which I can’t stand. I have to look this one up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried like one episode of The Good Doctor, did not like it. Highmore had already done a socially awkward character in Bates Motel, and with The Good Doctor...he isn't really showing a different range.

      Delete
  2. I really liked The Big Sick. I know I saw The Good Doctor but I do not remember a damn thing about that movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...you at least remember that he is not exactly a good doctor right?

      Delete
  3. I've heard a lot about The Big Sick but somehow never got around to watching it. Not sure I ever will. 😅

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...