Thursday, May 23, 2019

Thursday Movie Picks #254: Movies Adapted from Movies of a Different Language



Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share your movie picks each Thursday. The rules are simple: based on the theme of the week pick three to five movies and tell us why you picked them. For further details and the schedule visit the series main page here.

---

This week's Thursday Movie Picks is Movies Adapted from Movies of a Different Language

---




This is one of those repeated themes; the last time was in 2016. It's been 3 years since, so I thought I was going to have some options, but I really have watched very few remakes since then and had to pick an older watch with my last pick.

Le jeu (2018)
Remake of the Italian film Perfetti Sconosciuti. Three couples and their friend meet for dinner. Bored they decide to play a game where they share texts, emails and calls that pop up on their cell phones that ends disastrously. I really enjoyed this. It starts of light and fun. While it does get serious when secrets start to spill and their friendships and relationships get tested it still maintains some of its humor and never got overly dark.
 
A Bigger Splash (2015)
Remake of the French movie La Piscine. A rock star and her boyfriend's vacation in Italy is disrupted by the unexpected visit of an old friend and his daughter. This was an ok movie for me. In the beginning everyone is relatively friendly but there is clearly some issues between all of them and it slowly comes out and I did not expect the turn that it took.

The Invisible (2007)
Remake of the Swedish film Den Osynlige. A teenager becomes invisible after an attack . I saw this ages ago and the only reason it got pick today is because I just found out it was a remake. Truthfully I can't really remember much of it now other than I found it very disappointing and boring then. I wonder how I'd find it now.

---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this series, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

---

Participating Blogs/Bloggers


4 comments:

  1. I haven’t seen any of these but the film, a Big Splash is one I want to see as I love Ralph Fiennes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think his character in the Big Splash is different from others I've seen him, more rock star wild reckless.

      Delete
  2. I still haven’t seen Perfetti Sconosciuti but it amazes me to learn that it was remade. It’s usually Italians remaking French movies not the other way around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen Perfetti Sconosciut and would like too. I didn't know that there are a lot of Italian remakes of French films. I'm curious as to which of the French movies I've seen has been remade.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...