Thursday, July 13, 2023

Thursday Movie Picks #457: Book Adaptation



Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share your movie picks each Thursday. The rules are simple: based on the theme of the week pick three to five movies and tell us why you picked them. For further details and the schedule visit the series main page here.

---

This week's Thursday Movie Picks is Book Adaptation

---

Another quick one. I haven’t seen much this year so I’m just going to go for the last 3 book adaptations I saw and can’t say I like any of them very much.

The Pale Blue Eye (2022)
Picked this a few weeks ago for the Period Drama TMP. As was said then, found the mystery in the movie a little thin. However, the movie had great visuals. The wintry landscape was perfect for a gothic horror.
 
Bullet Train (2022)
It was interesting, but a little too loud (visually), theatrical and manic for me.

Where the Crawdads (2022)
This book is like super popular. It’s a mystery but seem to be going for more of the literary fiction side which is just not my thing. I prefer fun mysteries or dark gritty mysteries, this looks like neither, so I never read the book. Anyway the movie is so so…the story is quite bland…kinda feels like you know one of those “inspirational” TV movies.
 
---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this series, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

---

Participating Blogs/Bloggers

 

5 comments:

  1. I've seen all three of your picks today but have not read the books that went along with them. I loved Bullet Train, it was so much fun. The other two I didn't care for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven’t read any of them too and actually have never even heard of the first two books.

      Delete
  2. I have only heard of Bullet Train and I want to see it. Maybe tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so excited for The Pale Blue Eyes to come up and then I completely forgot to watch it. I might save it for winter, it seems to match that vibe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...