Thursday, October 6, 2022

Thursday Movie Picks #430: Halloween Edition - Horror Movie Themes/Scores



Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share your movie picks each Thursday. The rules are simple: based on the theme of the week pick three to five movies and tell us why you picked them. For further details and the schedule visit the series main page here.

---

This week's Thursday Movie Picks is Halloween Edition - Horror Movie Themes/Scores

---

Hey it's October again and it's time for the Halloween Edition. Take a look at what's in store for the rest of the month.

October 6 - Halloween Edition: Horror Movie Themes/Scores
October 13 - Halloween Edition: The Final Girl
October 20 - Halloween Edition: New Home
October 27 - Halloween/ TMP Television Edition: Horror TV Themes/Scores

---

First week of this year’s Halloween Edition and it’s an easy theme for me. I love lullabies in horror movies  because the vocalisation in them make them all the more haunting and here are three of my favourites.



Lullaby Part 1 and 2 from Rosemary’s Baby (1968)
It’s two tracks but it’s very similar. I haven’t seen the movie in awhile, I suppose part one was played in the beginning and part two at the end. Anyway the lullaby is creepy sounding and Mia Farrow’s humming just adds to the eerieness.



Casper’s Lullaby from Casper (1995)
This maybe from a kids horror comedy but there is nothing juvenile about the Casper’s Lullaby. It is beautiful, sad and haunting.




Pan’s Labyrinth Lullaby and Mercedes Lullaby from Pan’s Labyrinth (2006)
I love this movie and the lullabies here are so haunting and beautiful. Pan’s Labyrinth Lullaby is an instrumental piece with a more polished sound. Mercedes Lullaby is slightly different with Mercedes, the mother, humming. Both tracks are very short and it’s general tune is what I have found myself humming often.

---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this series, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

---

Participating Blogs/Bloggers

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adding my links on this post early next week

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did with this theme! I still need to see Rosemary's Baby. I've never watched it all the way through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just updated my post.. adored this topic, please bring it back next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the Halloween Edition every year but with different themes.

      Delete
  5. I have yet to see Rosemary's Baby. Caspar is a sweet movie and glad you picked this lullaby. My favourite is Pan's LABYRINTH which is so haunting and sad. Such a great movie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite surprised you haven’t seen Rosemary's Baby since you tend to pick older movies most weeks.

      Delete
  6. All of these are great picks. I haven't heard the tune from Casper in ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, but it is so much a part of my childhood so I remember it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...