Thursday, September 1, 2022

Thursday Movie Picks #425 Mystery Edition - Capers


Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share your picks each Thursday. The rules are simple: based on the theme of the week pick three to five titles and tell us why you picked them. For further details and the schedule visit the series main page here.

---

This week's Thursday Movie Picks is Mystery Edition - Capers

---


I had the impression that capers were heists, but apparently they are kinda more broad theft movies which can include heists, frauds and cons. Capers also tend to be more lighthearted and comedic. I'm picking the most recent capers I've seen
 
Ocean's Eight (2018)
I think I've only seen the 60's Ocean's movie and parts of the George Clooney ones. So I don't know how much of a sequel or spinoff this is other that the main character is the Clooney's character's sister. Anyway I didn't love this, but it was fun and funny enough to be an entertaining watch.

Ant-Man (2015) and Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
So as to the caper part...the Ant-Man is a thief, so he is always tasked with stealing something. I am very unfamiliar with the Ant-Man character thus I kinda went in thinking this seems like a silly superhero and the movie is probably is gonna be bad. Turned out I was pleasantly surprised. I found it to be probably two of the funniest Marvel movies.
 
Logan Lucky (2017)
This is a fun caper about two brothers pulling off a heist during a NASCAR race. Although it does take its time to show us what or how the actual heist is. But if you're patient it gets there.
 
---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this series, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

--- 

Participating Blogs/Bloggers
 

4 comments:

  1. BTW: I can't link my entry this week in the normal way because Inlinkz is showing last week's posts. The link is

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I didn't think of Ant-Man OR Logan Lucky. I hate myself. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only seen Ant Man and found it quite good and funny. I still need to see the others and the last one sounds quite good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...