Thursday, August 20, 2020

Thursday Movie Picks #319: Female Buddy Movies




Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share your movie picks each Thursday. The rules are simple: based on the theme of the week pick three to five movies and tell us why you picked them. For further details and the schedule visit the series main page here.

---

This week's Thursday Movie Picks is Female Buddy Movies

---



Another hard theme. There are just so much fewer female buddy movies. Here's three that I have managed to see.

Violet & Daisy (2011)
The movie follows two teenage assassins on their latest job. I really don't remember much about this other than it was pretty boring and a disappointment especially since I had expected it to be a little like a mix of Hanna and The Professional.

The Heat (2013)
There are soooo many male buddy cop movies and this is the only female buddy cop movie that I can think of and one that I happen to have also seen. Unfortunately I didn't really enjoy this that much, just didn't find it that funny.
 
Thoroughbreds (2017)
Now I like this dark comedy about two childhood friends rekindling their friendship after having grown apart. As they relearn about each other, they also start planning to do a very bad thing.
 
---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this meme, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

---

Participating Blogs/Bloggers


3 comments:

  1. I haven't seen Heat but I LOVE Violet and Daisy and Thoroughbreds. Those are great films. I'm sorry you didn't care for the former very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoroughbreds has been on my watchlist for forever, I need to finally tick it off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not seen your first and last one but I enjoyed The Heat and was laughing so much but it is crude and rude.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...