Thursday, May 14, 2020

Thursday Movie Picks #305: Girls' Trip



Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share your movie picks each Thursday. The rules are simple: based on the theme of the week pick three to five movies and tell us why you picked them. For further details and the schedule visit the series main page here.

---

This week's Thursday Movie Picks is Girls' Trip

---


This theme was inspired by my first pick. Maybe it's just me, but it seems that after it was released there seem to be more movies about women going on trips/vacations together.

Bridesmaids (2011)
This the best out of my picks today. This is a little bit of a cheat because they only sort of went on a trip but like I said this movie inspired this theme. Anyway the women all got on a plane for a Las Vegas bachelorette party, but things went wrong along the way in a funny way and they got kicked off the plane. It's a short bit in the movie but a memorable one.

Wine Country (2019)
I enjoyed this one about a group of middle age friends trying reconnect by going on Napa Valley vacation.

Pitch Perfect 3 (2017)
I watched this very recently and yes they went on a trip. The girls most of whom have graduated, miss singing and decided to reunite and join an overseas USO tour. While I enjoyed the singing bits, I do think the movies have deteriorated with each sequel. There's just not much of a story there. And don't you just find the Emily character (played by Hailee Steinfeld) in the sequels redundant? I sort of do...she is even more so in this one.

Rough Night (2017)
A group of friends go to Miami for a bachelorette weekend. This one is a little like a mash up of Bridesmaids with the whole wedding and bachelorette thing going on and Wine Country with the whole old friends trying to reconnect. I would also say it's a little like a female version of The Hangover as well in that it has all that gross humor thing. Overall I would say it was just an ok watch.

---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this series, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

---

Participating Blogs/Bloggers


10 comments:

  1. We match on Bridesmaids only I picked it because I didn't like it lol. I haven't seen your other picks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't like Bridesmaids? I thought it was just generally liked.

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen any of these, ahah. The only one I'm interested in is Wine Country though. Somehow, even though I'm a woman and has lots of girlfriends, I'm not really into movies like this for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really...there are few good ones obviously...but I've enjoyed checking them out. They are like a sub category of friendship films which I do generally enjoy watching.

      Delete
  3. Rough night was pretty good, better than I expected but I similar to Brittani, I also didn't like it. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. * didn't like Bridesmaids

      Delete
    2. You don't like Bridesmaids either...I much prefer it to Rough Night.

      Delete
  4. God, am I behind. Bridesmaids seems to be the popular choice this week. I love that movie but I have not seen the other ones. I am actually surprised Scarlett Johanssen is in this flick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bridesmaids I think is one of the most successful female ensemble movies so no surprise it's been picked. But yeah, like I said the trip in it hardly happens...they got kicked off the plane and it got cancelled.

      Delete
  5. Wine Country was so forgettable for me I completely forgot it even existed. I do love Bridesmaids though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...