Thursday, August 30, 2018

Thursday Movie Picks #216: TMP Television Edition - College



Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share movie picks each Thursday. The rules are simple: based on the theme of the week pick three to five titles and tell us why you picked them. For further details and the schedule visit the series main page here.

---

This week's Thursday Movie Picks is TMP Television Edition - College

---



I've always wondered why there have been so few college series, I mean college is a great setting for a story right? Anyway here are the ones I like.

Felicity (1998-2002)
I don't think I managed to watch the last season, but I did enjoy the show a lot. And yes, I did not like Felicity's haircut in the second season.

Undeclared (2001-2002)
I don't remember much about this anymore, just that it was funny and short-lived.

Fresh Meat (2011 - 2016)
A UK series that I watched recently about six university students sharing a house and it was hilarious. I kinda wish the series didn't end and simply continued with a set of new students and the one original main character that did not graduate like the rest.

---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this series, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

--- 

Participating Blogs/Bloggers
 

6 comments:

  1. I have not seen any of these but I do remember the big brouhaha about Felicity’s hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes...viewership dipped in the second season too.

      Delete
  2. I'm another that hasn't seen any of these. I know of them, but they didn't interest me when they were on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best I can do with these three is having seen an odd Felicity here and there though I've heard of Undeclared but Fresh Meat is new to me.

    I went the comedy route which with a rare exception seems to be what all college set series are.

    Blue Mountain State (2010-2011)-Risqué, amiable comedy from the now defunct Spike TV network about the "Mountain Goats" the hard partying football team of fictional university Blue Mountain State. While much of it took place on a football field this was more concerned with the crazy doings of the team’s members, chief among them Alex Moran (Darin Brooks), Craig Shilo (Sam Jones III) and scene stealing dunderhead Thad Castle (a fearlessly comic Alan Ritchson).

    Boston Common (1996-1997)-Easy going and slightly goofy Virginia country boy Boyd Pritchett (Anthony Clark) accompanies his sister Wyleen (Hedy Burress) when she begins college in Boston. What’s supposed to be a short trip becomes permanent when Boyd falls in love with fellow student Joy (Traylor Howard) despite the fact she has a steady, but pompous, boyfriend, and decides to stay much to Wyleen's dismay. Being handy he gets a job as the college repairman sharing an apartment with Wyleen (and frustrating her attempts to spread her wings) while pursuing Joy and becoming enmeshed in no end of antic comedy. A huge hit in its first season this nosedived in its second when moved to a terrible time slot.

    Delta House (1978)-Watered down but still amusing sitcom derived from the megahit Animal House about the rowdy Delta fraternity house at Faber College with several of the movie’s cast returning. This also served as an early spotlight for Michelle Pfeiffer as “The Bombshell”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw like an episode of Blue Mountain State. I think it was going more for male viewers right?

      Delete
  4. I didn't watch any of these myself, but I've heard a lot of great things about Undeclared.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...