Thursday, April 13, 2023

Thursday Movie Picks #451: Erotic Thrillers



Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share your movie picks each Thursday. The rules are simple: based on the theme of the week pick three to five movies and tell us why you picked them. For further details and the schedule visit the series main page here.

---

This week's Thursday Movie Picks is Erotic Thrillers

---

Another quick one. This sub-genre isn’t the greatest but the twists while often silly make it a fun entertaining watch. I am picking movies I recently watched.

Wild Things (1998)
Saw this years ago. Don’t remember anything so rewatched it this year. Everyone in this is so corrupt with everyone conning each other…the movie should be renamed Dirty Things. Anyway I enjoyed the 90’s-ness of this movie; the twists were silly but fun.

The Voyeurs (2021)
A young couple having moved into their new apartment finds that their neighbours in the building opposite them have large curtain-less windows and are shamelessly living out their lives and romantic lives in full view of their neighbours to see. I thought this was interesting. The twist though came as a surprise and which I thought was over the top and a little nutty.

Deep Water (2022)
In order to avoid a divorce, a couple have an agreement that the wife would be able to have affairs with other men. Then the wife’s lovers start to either disappear or turn up dead and the husband becomes the prime suspect. A little on the moody self-serious side but still thought this was pretty entertaining.
 
---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this series, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

---

Participating Blogs/Bloggers

 

2 comments:

  1. I've had The Voyeurs in my Prime queue for so long, I need to watch it already. Deep Water I thought was pretty bad, but I laughed so hard at the end. 10/10 ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We match with Wild Things - I expected this to be a popular choice this week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...