Thursday, November 10, 2022

Thursday Movie Picks #435: Female Revenge Movies



Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share your movie picks each Thursday. The rules are simple: based on the theme of the week pick three to five movies and tell us why you picked them. For further details and the schedule visit the series main page here.

---

This week's Thursday Movie Picks is Female Revenge Movies

---


Back in 2019 we did a revenge theme where I picked The Prestige, Leon and Turning Pages.
This time, we're doing Female Revenge Movies. I'm picking the first 3 that came to mind.

Do Revenge (2022)
Two girls decide to get revenge on the ones that have wronged them by doing each other's revenge, kinda like Strangers on a Train. There are things that I like and don't with this movie. I do not like the costuming in this. It is just too loud. The story is okay, with a little twist in the middle something I did not expect, which was quite diabolical. It also kinda reminds me a little of Promising Young Woman with the whole guys selling the "good guy" image hard are the worst.

Promising Young Woman (2020)
A woman traumatized by what happened to her best friend seeks revenge. This is soo good, one of my favourites from 2020. Like I'm probably never gonna watch it again because it was a hard movie to watch...but it is such a good movie. It has some humorous moments but is also ultimately really really dark. And I love the soundtrack, the songs were perfect for the scenes. You know there was this sort of "happy relationship with the new boyfriend montage" halfway through and I couldn't help but be happy for the main character because her life had been so bleak, but then I was like no...no...this can't be right. Why must it be a guy that makes her happy...it just feels wrong for the movie and the main character. Why can't it be a new friend, a new job or a new hobby...or whatever. Anyway...of course the "happy relationship" was a setup for another development in the story and it made perfect sense because it's just a well thought out and well written movie and a good performance by Carey Mulligan the "Promising Young Woman" in the title. And what a great title right...it's actually a reference to the Stanford case.

Gone Girl (2014)
A man becomes a suspect when his wife disappears. Amy orchestrated the whole complicated revenge because she's mad that after playing the "cool girl" their whole relationship, her husband cheats on her.

---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this series, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

---

Participating Blogs/Bloggers

 

3 comments:

  1. If I had picked the right theme, I probably would've chose Gone Girl and Promising Young Woman as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not seen the first 2 films but the last one is just nuts! She is crazy and one I have no sympathy for at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed Promising Young Woman - a great movie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...