Thursday, November 3, 2022

Thursday Movie Picks #434: Movies in which the Actors Didn’t Like Each Other



Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share your movie picks each Thursday. The rules are simple: based on the theme of the week pick three to five movies and tell us why you picked them. For further details and the schedule visit the series main page here.

---

This week's Thursday Movie Picks is Movies in which the Actors Didn’t Like Each Other 

---

Today's theme is a suggestion from Birgit. I’m picking movies that I knew the co-stars had issues on the set before I saw the movie.

Twister (1996)
I only saw this recently and had read that Helen Hunt and Bill Paxton who plays a divorcing couple, both meteorologists who goes storm chasing together could not stand one another during filming. The stars themselves have never confirmed the reports of the feud. Anyway, apparently a sequel to the movie is being planned.

Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)
Charlize Theron and Tom Hardy reportedly did not get along on set. They have publicly confirmed it somewhere and said it was due to the pressure of filming a sequel to a well known movie which heightened tensions or something along that line.

Fifty Shades Trilogy (2015 - 2018)
Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan were rumoured to have not gotten along. Both have apparently said the rumours are untrue. But who knows? Too little time have passed, both actors are still young and not A list enough, so they wouldn’t want to be known as difficult to work with, so it kinda make sense even if there was a feud, they would deny it.

---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this series, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

---

Participating Blogs/Bloggers

 

4 comments:

  1. Not shocked at all the Fifty Shades actors didn't like each other as they had zero chemistry (and acting ability tbh...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the actors individually in some of the things they've acted in, but not in this movie. This movie was terrible, but it was adapted from an equally bad book so not much can be done.

      Delete
  2. Thankfully I have avoided the 50 Shades which looks horrible. I heard about the Mad Max feud but I also heard Charlize can be a bit difficult....a bit snooty. This is the first time I heard about Paxton and Hunt not getting along but I’m not surprised because I really don’t like Helen Hunt. I always remember when she was with, later married, to Hank Azaria and, when she won her Emmy, she thank everyone, including “him..that man down there. You, ....you. You know.” She could not say his name! I was mystified at how she sounded...condescending...I don’t know. I just thought it was so very rude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never saw when Helen Hunt won her Emmy. But I have seen other actors being interviewed on talk shows where they talked about going up and giving a speech when they receive their awards, some say their mind goes blank, they forget what they want to say and whom they want to thank, like their parents and spouses. I guess it's because they're actors, they are more experienced working from a script. And when they win unexpectedly, the shock of the win and without any prepared written thank you speech, they come up not really knowing or forgetting what they want to say and just start rambling.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...