Thursday, December 9, 2021

Thursday Movie Picks #387: Rags to Riches


Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share your movie picks each Thursday. The rules are simple: based on the theme of the week pick three to five movies and tell us why you picked them. For further details and the schedule visit the series main page here.

---

This week's Thursday Movie Picks is Rags to Riches

---

I’m going with animated movies from my childhood. So many of them had a rags to riches story.

Beauty and the Beast (1991)
Poor village girl Belle gets trapped in a castle to save her father and suffers a little Stockholm Syndrome falling for Beast, her captor, who’s really a prince and who’s of course totally rich.

Aladdin (1992)
Street kid meets and falls for Princess Jasmine and upon getting his hands on a magic lamp, wishes for the genie to make him her equal. Some trouble occurs with an evil royal advisor but in the end he gets the girl and the kingdom.

Anastasia (1997)
Orphan girl Anya leaves the orphanage and goes looking for the family she never knew and finds she is the only surviving child of Tsar Nicholas II.

 
---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this series, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

---

Participating Blogs/Bloggers

 

3 comments:

  1. I love all three of your picks! I wish I would've thought of Anastasia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I have only seen Beauty which, your write up, made me laugh. I have to see Aladdin and maybe Anastasia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I forgot about Anastasia!!! I sang that soundtrack up and down as a kid and was just in love with the story.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...