Thursday, October 17, 2019

Thursday Movie Picks #275: Halloween Edition - Jump Scares that Got You



Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share your movie picks each Thursday. The rules are simple: based on the theme of the week pick three to five movies and tell us why you picked them. For further details and the schedule visit the series main page here.

---

This week's Thursday Movie Picks is Halloween Edition - Jump Scares that Got You [Suggested by Brittani]

---

Hey it's October again and it's time for the Halloween Edition. Take a look at what's in store for the rest of the month.

October 3 - Halloween Edition: Period Drama Horror
October 10 - Halloween Edition: Teen Horror
October 17 - Halloween Edition: Jump Scares that Got You [Suggested by Brittani]
October 24 - Halloween Edition: Rituals
October 31 - Halloween/Television Edition: Horror


Today's theme is a suggestion from Brittani. This was a challenging week. I'm sure I've seen plenty of good jump scares but right now I'm having a hard time recalling them. Here are the ones I came up with. 

Se7en (1995)
When the guy, I think it was for sloth, MOVED.

The Sixth Sense (1999)
 It was the scene when Mischa Barton's character suddenly appears under a darkly lit blanket vomiting.

The Ring (2002)
It was that scene where Samara crawled out of the TV screen. I saw this on DVD on my computer in the dark, so the proximity of me and the computer screen I was watching from made that scene extra jumpy for me. 

REC (2007)
The characters are in the attic. There are no lights, so one of them use the night vision camera to see the room and one of the infected is in there with them.

---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this series, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

---

Participating Blogs/Bloggers

5 comments:

  1. Great picks! I like all of these films. I almost chose The Ring myself but I've used it before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven’t seen your last pick but I know the other three and yeah, they scared the crap out of me. Seven was brilliant but that scene was gruesome. I had a couple of frights from the Sixth Sense and The Ring just scared me so much I can’t see snow on a tv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Sixth Sense was great...yes there were others...but that particular scene stood out for me. Her appearing was one thing, than the vomiting was another.

      Delete
  3. I don't think I even watched like.. 60% of The Ring.. I was so little and so scared of everything that I'm sure I just saw the insides of my palms during that movie. :D
    Se7En did have a lot of tension but I never jumped... I think. Now I can't remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seven - That scene didn't jumped you? Weren't you shocked he moved?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...