Thursday, October 28, 2021

Thursday Movie Picks #381: Halloween/Television Edition Horror



Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share your movie picks each Thursday. The rules are simple: based on the theme of the week pick three to five movies and tell us why you picked them. For further details and the schedule visit the series main page here.

---

This week's Thursday Movie Picks is Halloween/Television Edition: Horror

---

Hey it's October again and it's time for the Halloween Edition. Take a look at what's in store for the rest of the month.

October 7 - Halloween Edition: School
October 14 - Halloween Edition: Folk or Urban Legend
October 21 - Halloween Edition: Horror Comedy
October 28 - Halloween/Television Edition: Horror
 
 

So this week is easy; since I only saw 3 horror TV series the past year, I'm picking them 3.

Servant (2019 - )
I picked this last year for Halloween TV Edition after watching season one and season two was released earlier this year. The new season was disappointing. While the the series is still very atmospheric, suspenseful and creepy, the story went nowhere. We still have no idea who or what the nanny girl is. The series has been renewed for season 3, so hopefully they will actually have some explanation or conclusion.

Midnight Mass (2021)
This is another Mike Flanagan series and I like it. Among his three series, I'd ranked it below The Haunting of Hill House and above The Haunting of Bly Manor. The creature work here I thought was excellent; the way the wings looked and the way the creature would swoop down, clearly someone from special effects spent a lot of time observing the movements of the animal it's inspired by. One negative I thought was some of the series' overly lengthy monologues, they could certainly have shortened them.
 
Locke & Key (2020 - )
I picked this last year for Halloween TV Edition too after watching season one. Season two was just released this month and I'm halfway through it. I think it's clear with the second season that this is going to continue to be more of a YA horror TV series rather than a horror series which is what the graphic novel is, it is an adult horror graphic novel not YA. Which I think is a pity because I prefer the darker graphic novel story. However, so far I'm liking this season a little more than the first. It has less of the high schooly stuff and the silly Scooby gang thing they were doing in the first.
 
---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this series, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

---

Participating Blogs/Bloggers

6 comments:

  1. We match on Midnight Mass! I keep meaning to start The Servant but always put it off. My free Apple subscription ends in a couple of weeks so I doubt I'll get to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Servant is actually a half hour series...so very bingeable. Just try the first season.

      Delete
  2. These are all new to me, Wanderer. Midnight Mass sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is. Out the three I picked for this TMP, it is the best.

      Delete
  3. These are all new to me and have not seen any. Let’s hope M. Nights series doesn’t flounder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I hope so...his movies also often have such great premises...but some end up being just so-so in the end.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...