Thursday, August 26, 2021

Thursday Movie Picks #372: TMP Television Edition - Books You Want to be Adapted into a TV Series


Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share movie picks each Thursday. The rules are simple: based on the theme of the week pick three to five titles and tell us why you picked them. For further details and the schedule visit the series main page here.

---


This week's Thursday Movie Picks is TMP Television Edition - Books You Want to be Adapted into a TV Series

---

I don't know about you, but when I read a book I like, I start imagining it as a movie or TV series. A movie if they are shorter books or with a more focused story. A TV series, if the book is super long, with lots of characters and multiple story lines or there are cliffhangers that are already build into it that would make great bingeable episodes. Anyway here are my picks that I want to be adapted into TV series and since I'm extremely lazy to write a synopsis I screengrabbed  each book's Goodreads page.


White Cat (2010) 
This is the first book in the Curse Workers trilogy and I had talked about the book when I first read it way back 2014. I love this YA urban fantasy supernatural crime series, it is so much fun. I think we're missing that teen supernatural type of series in TV land since...I don't know...Vampire Diaries, Buffy went off air, which this series, if ever adapted, could feel that void.
 
 
 
Night Film (2014) 
I have always been super intimidated by long books so this had been on my to-read list for a long time before I finally read it. It is also about a cult horror director and the mysterious death of his daughter and with a title like Night Film I was also little scared that it was going to be scary...it wasn't really. I would describe it more as eerie, suspenseful, mysterious and dizzying but it was also quite adventurous plus the book had this fun way of presenting elements that were referenced in the story, for example, if a magazine cover or a newspaper article was mentioned, an image of it is attached, so reading the book was quite an experience. And of course with its length, it is best as a limited TV series rather that movie adaptation.
 


All the Missing Girls (2016)
I love this book, the voice, the writing and the way it is told, I think I read it at least twice. Although not a particularly long book, it is told in reverse from day 15 back to day 1, and so I think this perfectly makes each day one episode...so it'll be like a 15 episode limited series.



Sadie (2018 )
This is one of the most heartbreaking YA novels I've read. I remember Sadie being one of the buzziest books that came out in 2018, so I'm quite surprised that this haven't been made into a movie or TV series since true crime docs and podcasts are very popular and part of this book is from the perspective of a fictional radio personality who has been asked to do a true crime podcast. Anyway as I read this I imagined it as a limited TV series, where each TV episode would have like a snippet of the final cut of a podcast episode played as a voice over as we see the mystery play out on screen.  


 
The Lion's Den (2020)
I've caught a few episodes of HBO's The White Lotus, which is satire about employees and the rich guests of a tropical resort, and I think The Lion's Den adaptation could be something like that but also be more thrilling and glamorous as it follows the jetsetting, ostentatious lives of the obscenely rich who may just be evil. The book was such a fun drama/thriller to read and I would love to a see TV adaptation of it maybe by HBO or some other premium channel.

---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this series, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

--- 

Participating Blogs/Bloggers
 

4 comments:

  1. All The Missing Girls sounds like something I'd enjoy. I'll have to add that to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a bunch of friends who really liked Sadie, but other than recognizing the cover, I knew nothing about it. Interesting picks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All The Missing Girls and Sadie sound intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of your picks but I've heard of Sadie a few times. It sounds super intriguing and would definitely make for a great adaptation.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...