Thursday, December 8, 2016

Thursday Movie Picks #126: Movies based on Toys



Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share three movie picks each Thursday. The rules are simple simple: Each week there is a topic for you to create a list of three movies. Your picks can either be favourites/best, worst, hidden gems, or if you're up to it one of each.For further details visit the series main page here.


---

This week's Thursday Movie Picks is Movies based on Toys

---


Today is one of those themes where I think "what was I thinking", plus for some reason I excluded board games (which will be in next week's theme) making today that much more challenging. My picks today are two that I like and one that I want to check out.

*I will post a new list of themes sometime next week.

The Lego Movie (2014)
I didn't quite love this movie, but I enjoyed it. Everything Is Awesome is awesome.

Transformers (2007)
I have only seen 2 from the current movie franchise, I did enjoy the first movie so it earns a spot on today's picks but the second was just bad that I can't be bothered with the rest especially since the general opinion is that the franchise just get worse with each movie.

Jem and the Holograms (2015)
It got bad reviews with an 18% tomatometer but I still want to see it. I grew up with the cartoons so I am very curious what the live action movie look like. I've always that thought that Jem and the Holograms started as a TV series but actually, like Transformers, the TV series was created to sell toys.

---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this meme, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

--- 

Participating Blogs/Bloggers
 

6 comments:

  1. I also went with The Lego Movie and Transformers. Loved the first, everything is awesome for real. I also enjoyed the latter, and it's arguably the best of the franchise. They should have stopped with that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was Jem a toy before? Had no idea! I've seen some of the cartoons and enjoyed them. Had a friend who was obsessed with them. Love the Lego movie can't wait for Batman. Hate Transformers did not see the point of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We matched on Lego Movie and Transformers. Jem fascinates me with how they spectacularly missed their two target audiences. The fans of the original cartoon, who wtf'd at the story being completely different, and tween girls who wtf'd at whatever Synergie ended up being.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not seen The Lego movie and have no real desire to even though I heard it is good. I have seen the first transformers movie...it's ok but not my thing. I have no desire to see Jem but can understand why you would want to

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a tough week. I've only seen Transformers, which I thought was one of the stupidest movies I'd ever seen. That said I skipped the sequels imagining they would only be worse, though I'm not sure how that could be.

    The other two I'm sure I've seen snippets of as I passed through rooms where my nieces were watching them but I just kept going!

    Yay! Looking forward to the new themes list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Lego Movie tickles me to death. Love that film. I actually like the first (live-action) Transformers movie a good deal. The sequels all suck ass.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...