Thursday, May 19, 2022

Thursday Movie Picks #410: Mazes



Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share your movie picks each Thursday. The rules are simple: based on the theme of the week pick three to five movies and tell us why you picked them. For further details and the schedule visit the series main page here.

---

This week's Thursday Movie Picks is Mazes

---

 
I thought that this week would be hard to pick, but actually it was quite easy after thinking about it a little. Here are the ones I like.

Pan's Labyrinth (2006)
Well it's in the title plus it is a favourite of mine which I have picked many times before for other themes. In the movie, Ofelia follows a supernatural winged creature to the forest where there's a maze. She goes through it and down a spiral staircase and meets Pan.

The Guest (2014)
The movie was such a surprise. This was not a role that I had ever thought to see Dan Stevens in, all I had seen him in before was as middle/upper class British guys, but he really transformed into this fit lethal American soldier oozing Southern charm and he was soo good in it. Anyway at the end of the movie, the characters go through this fairground style haunted house type of maze.


The Night House (2021)
I can't decide if I like this movie. I think there are quite a number of holes in it, but I did find it super creepy and weird. So the maze in the movie is a house the main character's dead husband built that has a maze like design because he wants to confound a demon.
 

---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this series, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

---

Participating Blogs/Bloggers

 

6 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to watch The Night House. I've heard good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love Pan’s Labyrinth. This is such an excellent film and, of course, I thought about it but I used it more than once. I’m glad you chose it. Dan Stevens has been trying so hard to lose his nice boy image from Downton Abbey. He looks noticeably thinner and I heard about his nasty boy in this film. I don’t know the last one but it reminds me of the Winchester house

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Dan Stevens is slimmer in The Guest, I think he did this right after he left Downtown Abbey where in the last season he was in his character was quite chubby.

      The real Winchester House is much nicer from the pictures, it has that gothic Victorian design. The Night House is as I remember it modern but sorta unfinished which contributes to its creepiness.

      Delete
  3. These are great picks! I love that you went with The Guest. That Haunted maze sequence looked awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...