Thursday, August 12, 2021

Thursday Movie Picks #370: Movies that Confused You



Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share your movie picks each Thursday. The rules are simple: based on the theme of the week pick three to five movies and tell us why you picked them. For further details and the schedule visit the series main page here.

---

This week's Thursday Movie Picks is Movies that Confused You

---


Today's theme is a suggestion from Brittani.

Cloud Atlas (2012)
It's a confusing mess. What exactly is it trying to say? I suppose I got that it's trying to say that part of us gets passed down to our descendants or that people get reincarnated - but that's only because they use the same actors in elaborate hair and makeup to make them into different characters with some similar physical features in different periods. Without all that all the stories seem disjointed.
 
Mother! (2017)
There's a woman in a house where some crazy things happen...and guess what...the woman is Mother Earth...Right!??? This movie is like seeing a painting that looks like globs of paint were hurled onto a canvas and the artist or art expert goes on and on to give a complex explanation on what it's supposed to mean...and you'd think...but it's just globs of paint, just pretentious nonsense.
 
Tenet (2020)
Nolan has done a few of these "intellectual blockbusters" and I am generally not a fan of them. I usually love time travel movies but Tenet not so much...the whole people literally moving backwards thing...just adds another unnecessary layer of confusion. Also I feel like I have seen this before...but without the time travel...The Night Manager anyone? Even Elizabeth Debicki who stars in both plays a somewhat similar role.

 
---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this series, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

---

Participating Blogs/Bloggers

 

6 comments:

  1. Ooooh... Mother! is such a good pick for this. What a bizarre movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey we match on whatever Tenet ended up being. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!...A couple of Nolan's movies...it seems like it's 2 movies in 1. Too many ideas in one movie.

      Delete
  3. I haven't seen the first two but I should. Maybe some day.. Tenet didn't confuse me that much, it was exciting for me to see Estonia in so many scenes (I'm from Estonia) and I was too distracted by that to really get confused by the plot I guess. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard of all 3 and the only one I will see me Day is Cloud Atlas. I have no desire to see the other 2 and they sound dumb. I made a reference to those stupid paintings as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did your read Cloud Atlas...is that why this was the one you want to check out? I didn't read it, but I'm guessing the book made more sense than the movie.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...