Thursday, December 14, 2023

Thursday Movie Picks #469: Day or Night in Title



Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share your movie picks each Thursday. The rules are simple: based on the theme of the week pick three to five movies and tell us why you picked them. For further details and the schedule visit the series main page here.

---

This week's Thursday Movie Picks is Day or Night in Title

---

I’m picking the last 3 movies I saw and like that has “Night” in its title.

Goodnight Mommy (2022)
This is a remake of an Austrian film which I have not seen but I have read the spoiler plot. I don’t think I can watch it because from what I’ve read it has a lot more body horror and I tend to avoid those. Now this remake is rated lower than the original but I’m fine with it. I thought it was scary and disturbing enough without having to show excessive violence.
 
Night House (2020)
It’s one of those open to interpretation movie as to what really was happening…was it all really supernatural or was it all psychological? So it was for me an interesting watch.

The Vast of Night (2019)
This movie has no recognizable name attached to it but I had seen that it received quite a number positive reviews, so I gave it a watch. I like it. It’s a sort of minimalist paranormal drama set in the 50s.
 
---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this series, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

---

Participating Blogs/Bloggers

 
I'm having issues with the Inlinkz widget this week so please submit your links through the comments section.

5 comments:

  1. All your picks sound really intriguing this week. I think I've seen the Austrian movie you mentioned but not the remake (yet).
    Here's my post for this week: https://thepunktheory.wordpress.com/2023/12/14/thursday-movie-picks-day-or-night-in-title/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided to do two posts, one with films with "Day" in the title and the other with "Night":

    Day: https://justacineast.blogspot.com/2023/12/thursday-movie-picks-december-14-2023.html

    Night: https://justacineast.blogspot.com/2023/12/thursday-movie-picks-december-14-2023_01168171504.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven’t seen any of your films and not sure I will. Im Not into the vague ones but will see if I am wrong when..er..if I ever see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops…it’s Birgit and here is my link https://createdbybb.blogspot.com/2023/12/thursday-movie-picks-movies-with-day-or.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, are you holding this challenge again next year? Keen to join in if you do..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...