Thursday, August 19, 2021

Thursday Movie Picks #371: Treasure Hunt



Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share your movie picks each Thursday. The rules are simple: based on the theme of the week pick three to five movies and tell us why you picked them. For further details and the schedule visit the series main page here.

---

This week's Thursday Movie Picks is Treasure Hunt

---



I'm going with the ones I like.

As Above, So Below (2014)
A group of explorers go into the catacombs of Paris to look for the philosopher's stone. I was worried that this was going to be super scary because of the poster...but it's not overly scary...at least for me. I would say it is more creepy with some jump scares and a mix of adventure. But it is definitely not for those that are claustrophobic or have fear of the dark.
 
Three Kings (1999)
At the end of the Gulf War, a group of American soldiers hunt for stolen hidden gold. Saw this a long time ago so I don't remember much of it other than since I'm not much for military movies I was surprised that I ended up liking it and its dark humor.

The Goonies (1985)
A group of kids find an old map and go to find its treasure. This is another one I haven't seen in a long time and I'm surprised I have not picked it for any TMPs before. Anyway, I remember enjoying this one a lot and thought it was very cute and fun.
 
---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this series, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

---

Participating Blogs/Bloggers

 

7 comments:

  1. I have heard so much about The Goonies but have not seen it yet. As Above, So Below..I’m not sure I will see it because I scare so easily even though I do like creepy films( like The Others). I really like Three Kings and found it a pleasant surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I forget The Goonies!! I'm so embarrassed. LOL. Great picks! Three Kings as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked the Goonies as well! I loved them as a kid, but I still quite enjoy them now. Not that I watch them regularly, but when they're on, they're nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goonies is popular this week! I feel asleep during As Above So Below, I didn't even remember they were looking for something. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched The Goonies for the very first time last year and didn't like it as much as I thought I would. I'm sure I would have loved it had I seen it as a kid though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember wanting to see As Above, So Below when it came out but then I forgot about it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...