Thursday, May 25, 2023

Thursday Movie Picks #454: TMP Television Edition - TV Score and/or Theme Song


Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share your picks each Thursday. The rules are simple: based on the theme of the week pick three to five titles and tell us why you picked them. For further details and the schedule visit the series main page here.

---

This week's Thursday Movie Picks is TMP Television Edition - TV Score and/or Theme Song
 
---


We did the same TMP two years ago and I thought enough time has passed for you to have seen newer shows with great score or theme song. Here are four of my favourites.

 
Succession (2018-2023)
I haven't seen the latest season but have always liked the opening theme song...lots of tension and spiralling keys.
 
WeCrashed (2022)
The opening theme song is catchy and the lyrics fit quite well with the show and I love the opening sequence too with the unicorn walking around the office

 
Moon Knight (2022)
I love the Moon Knight theme, which gets played at the end credits of the first episode and variations of it is also usually played when the character transforms. While I only enjoyed the first half of the series, the second half is a mess reminding me so much of Legion another series about a Marvel character, the score for this series is great. It sounds truly cinematic...and also the visuals...do watch the end credits sequence because it is stunning and has different tracks playing for each episode. 
 
 
Slow Horses (2022 - )
I love this series. It's a fun spy drama that has sharp dark humor and when I first heard the theme song sung by Mick Jagger I thought it was soo perfect for the series. It was only later that I found out that it's perfect because it was written specifically by Jagger for the series. Unlike the other series I've picked, I'm not posting the credit scene where the theme song is played, instead I'm attaching the official lyric video Jagger released. Look at the lyrics...it reflects so much of the story and humour of the show.
 
---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this series, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

--- 

Participating Blogs/Bloggers
 

5 comments:

  1. Not heard of a few of these so thanks for the recommendations.. Slow Horses sounds interesting, will have to check it out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I'm late here but enjoyed listening to these. Succession seems to be leading this week. I'd love to see Strange Game..I love SPY shows and love Gary Oldman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually Strange Game is the name of the theme song, the TV series is called Slow Horses.

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed Moon Knight. And I want to check out Succession, I've heard so much about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Succession recently had their last season which is why it’s talked about a lot in the media.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...