Thursday, June 30, 2022

Thursday Movie Picks #416: TMP Television Edition - Orgin Story



Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share your picks each Thursday. The rules are simple: based on the theme of the week pick three to five titles and tell us why you picked them. For further details and the schedule visit the series main page here.


---

This week's Thursday Movie Picks iTMP Television Edition -  Origin Story

---

I’m just doing a quick list of picks today.

Gotham (2014 - 2019)
The movies usually show the scene where Bruce’s parents were killed and they skip everything else going straight to him already an adult and Batman. This pretty much tells the story from that pivotal childhood scene and sticks to it as we see Bruce the kid lives in the aftermath. I only saw the first few episodes. DC superhero stories could never sustain my interest for very long, this was no different.

Black Sails (2014 - 2017)
I have not read Treasure Island so what I know of it was from a 2012 adaptation starring Eddie Izzard as Long John Silver, which I enjoyed. Black Sails is the prequel set decades earlier and basically introduces us to some of Treasure Island’s major characters when they were younger. This series is such a fun thrilling adventure drama.
 
Mindhunters (2017 - 2019)
When I heard about this series I thought…oh no not another serial killer true crime show…there’s so much of that already. Then I read a summary and I realised it was more about the agents work and thought this could be different. Mindhunters in short is about the early years of the FBI agents in the Behavioural Science Unit as they interview serial offenders in prisons in order to gather data and creating a database so that criminal profiling can be used as an investigative tool. This was a very interesting and well made series.

 
---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this series, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

--- 

Participating Blogs/Bloggers
 

4 comments:

  1. We match on Gotham which I was definitely not a fan of, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m the same with Gotham. I watched the first few episodes but..meh, especially when Jada became more prominent, I haven’t seen the other 2 because, for #3, I am just tired of these killers almost made into heroes or just shown in the media which most love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotham - I think Jada was only in season one though.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I've never watched Black Sails, it didn't even occur to me that it's a prequel!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...