Thursday, April 14, 2022

Thursday Movie Picks #405: Psychics and Mediums



Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share your movie picks each Thursday. The rules are simple: based on the theme of the week pick three to five movies and tell us why you picked them. For further details and the schedule visit the series main page here.

---

This week's Thursday Movie Picks is Psychics and Mediums

---


 
****So if you participated last week, you've realized there was a mistake in the final schedule, which I fixed. But guess what? ThePunkTheory spotted another mistake. An extra theme in November. Ahhh. I guess the root of all the mistakes is that I had used the 2021 schedule as a template and I think April had 5 Thursdays in 2021 and that jumbled everything up when I was doing the 2022 schedule and I somehow thought 30 November 2022 is a Thursday. Anyway I've removed the second extra theme.  Please refer to the newly edited schedule here. Hopefully that is the final mistake. ****
 
Here are my most recent watches.

Doctor Sleep (2019)
This is a sequel to The Shining (which I am not really a fan of). I think I like Doctor Sleep more, at least the first two thirds of it before the story had the characters go to the hotel. I just felt the whole hotel thing was just there to make the connection between the two movies clear and that it was a sequel.

Ouija: Origin of Evil (2016)
This is a prequel of the 2014 movie Ouija and I think it is the better movie. Quite a sad one too about a family haunted by evil spirits. If you like The Haunting of Hill House/Bly Manor and Midnight Mass, well this was made by the same people and has some of the same actors, so you might want to check it out.

Magic in the Moonlight (2014)
This is a very charming very talky type movie, the type you’d expect from a Woody Allen movie.

 
---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this series, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

---

Participating Blogs/Bloggers

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...