Thursday, June 11, 2020

Thursday Movie Picks #309: Prequels



Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share your movie picks each Thursday. The rules are simple: based on the theme of the week pick three to five movies and tell us why you picked them. For further details and the schedule visit the series main page here.

---

This week's Thursday Movie Picks is Prequels

---


We've done a couple of sequels themes for TMPs before and this is actually the first for prequels. I'm picking the ones I like.

X-Men: First Class (2011)
I love this. Just seeing how the school got started and the beginning of Professor X and Magneto's friendship. I also really like McAvoy and Fassbender in those roles, they have great chemistry.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011)
I have not seen the original nor the Time Burton remake, they just do not look like something that I would like, but I'm glad I saw this one. This is soo good.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016)
Even though war is in the title of all the Star Wars movies, this is the one that has the look and feel of a war movie. Comes complete with beach landings and battles.

---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this series, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

---

Participating Blogs/Bloggers


7 comments:

  1. Okay, I'll admit I did not expect Rogue One to be such a popular choice. I kinda assumed that if we were going to see any Star Wars films it would be the prequel trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We match on Rise! Excellent movie. I enjoyed Rogue One too...not a fan of First Class, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen the first 2 and enjoyed the X-Men like I always do whereas Planet of the Apes is brilliant. I have only seen the first film of the last ones made which is ok. I have to watch the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe I forgot about Rogue One.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too picked First Class and Rogue One as I loved both. But Rise of the Planet of the Apes is the best one. Far superior than the original and the Burton remake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We match on Rogue One! I need to revisit the X-Men movies. There are ones I've missed and I don't even know which ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We match with Rogue One, probably my favourite of all the Star Wars movies ( I can say this because I didn't grow up with the SW movies and only started watching them as an adult)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...