Thursday, August 15, 2019

Thursday Movie Picks #266: Witness



Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share your movie picks each Thursday. The rules are simple: based on the theme of the week pick three to five movies and tell us why you picked them. For further details and the schedule visit the series main page here.

---

This week's Thursday Movie Picks is Witness

---



Well I am doing a theme within a theme. All the witnesses are kids
 
Witness (1985)
A young Amish boy is the sole witness to a murder tied to police corruption. This is an obvious pick, but I had to pick it since I rewatched this last year and it was what inspired today's this theme

The Client (1994)
A boy and his brother witness the suicide of a mob lawyer who blab a little too much to the kids on his way out causing them to be a target of the mob. I haven't seen this one in a long time, but it is one of my favourites. And Brad Renfro was so good in it.

Léon: The Professional (1994)
A young girl becomes a witness and sole survivor of her family's murder and enlists her neighbour, a hitman, to help her get revenge. Another favourite, one that I've picked many times before for other themes, but it's perfect here.

Road to Perdition (2002)
A boy witnesses a mob hit forcing him and his father to go on the run. Yet another favourite and a must watch.

---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this series, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

---

Participating Blogs/Bloggers


11 comments:

  1. Leon is so good. I haven't seen the others though I'm curious about Witness. I went with more comedic picks with my choices this week. The complete opposite to these picks. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say I like Witness the least out my picks but still good.

      Delete
  2. I love Leon, that's the only one of yours that I've seen and it's so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only seen your last two picks and they are brilliant. Especially Leon is one of my all-time favorite films.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We match with Witness which is a really good film. Road to Perdition is excellent and so very sad. Leon..OMG! I love that movie and what a great pick. The only one I haven’t seen is The Client but what a shame that Renfro died so young.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renfro was a very good young actor, you should definitely try and see this.

      Delete
  5. Excellent matches!

    I liked them all but Witness is probably my fave of the four. One of Harrison Ford's best performances.

    I liked The Client, Sarandon is very strong in the lead. I liked the book better but the changes they made weren't that great that they corrupted the story.

    Leon is a good film but would be nothing without the lead pair's powerful performances.

    It's been some time since I've seen Road to Perdition but I do recall liking it, terrific performances and a great look.

    I did a small theme within the theme, all mine have a train involved in the plot in some way.

    The Narrow Margin (1952)-Tough, grizzled cop Walter Brown (Charles McGraw) is attempting to transport the widow (Marie Windsor) of a mob boss from Chicago to L.A. via rail to serve as a witness at the trial of her husband’s cohorts. Once underway they discover there is a hit men on the train, who will stop at nothing to prevent her from testifying. Lean low budget noir is a classic of the genre.

    Narrow Margin (1990)-Deputy District Attorney Robert Caulfield (Gene Hackman) is charged with returning reluctant murder witness Carol Hunnicutt (Anne Archer) back from Canada to L.A. by train to testify in the trial of a mob boss. As they hurtle through the Canadian wilderness they find themselves pursued by two hit men charged with eliminating Carol. Reworking of the ’52 film is plusher but doesn’t pack quite the same punch.

    Murder, She Said (1961)-On her way home Miss Jane Marple (Margaret Rutherford) witnesses a murder through the window of her passing train car. She notifies the police but they are unable to find a body however Miss Marple knows what she saw and determines to get to the bottom of things her own way. Getting a job as a maid at the manor house she believes is the setting of the crime she hunts for clues while engaging in a battle of wits with the bombastic owner (James Robertson Justice). Delightful comic mystery is based on an Agatha Christie novel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say I like Witness the least out my picks but still good.

      The Client - I've think I've read the book as well but it was a long time ago so I can't really tell the differences between it and the movie and I like the movie just fine.

      Road to Perdition - Oh yes it does have a great look.

      Haven't seen any of your picks.

      Delete
  6. excellent picks. I def need to rewatch Leon: The Professional. I might join this movie post soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool...haven't had any new participants in some time.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...