Friday, May 5, 2017

Thursday Movie Picks #147: Clones/Doppelgängers



Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share movie picks each Thursday. The rules are simple simple: based on the theme of the week pick three to five movies and tell us why you picked them. For further details and the schedule visit the series main page here.


---

This week's Thursday Movie Picks is Clones/Doppelgängers

---



I love clones/doppelgänger movies, don't you? They're usually a lot of fun and tend to be a mix of sci-fi/thriller/horror. For a good number of these movies the clones/doppelgänger aspect of the movie is actually a spoiler, thus I might just be spoiling a movie or two here just by picking the movie today...so be warned. Here are three of my favourites.

Another Earth (2011)
It's in the title. The movie is about a young woman attempting to atone for a tragedy she caused against the backdrop of the discovery of another Earth.

The Prestige (2006)
Two rival magicians and a lot clones. A lot.
 
Moon (2009)
An astronaut on a solo 3 year contract work at a lunar station finds that he is not alone after an accident. Dun dun dun....

---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this meme, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

--- 

Participating Blogs/Bloggers
 

5 comments:

  1. Another Earth is a film that needs to be seen by way more people than it is. Excellent film. I'm not as high on The Prestige as everyone else, but it is very well made. Moon is phenomenal. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all three of the movies you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen Another Earth, I'll have to look for more info on it, but both The Prestige and Moon are excellent films and good fits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After THE OA I kind of wanted to see Another Earth but I haven't gotten to it yet. Moon is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too wanted to pick The Prestige, but I didn't want to spoil it. I still haven't seen the other two but they sound good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...