Thursday, December 1, 2022

Thursday Movie Picks #438: Combat Sports



Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share your movie picks each Thursday. The rules are simple: based on the theme of the week pick three to five movies and tell us why you picked them. For further details and the schedule visit the series main page here.

---

This week's Thursday Movie Picks is Combat Sports

---


This is going to be short since it's been some time since I've seen these movies and I can't remember enough to say a whole lot. I'm picking the ones I like.

Warrior (2011)
I think I was rooting for Edgerton's character because he competed to financially support his family while Hardy's character is just soo broody.

Win Win (2011)
I really enjoyed this heartwarming gem of a dramedy.

Here Comes the Boom (2012)
I remember being surprised to have enjoyed this. It was funny and rather sweet. 
 
Southpaw (2015)
Lots of drama. Gyllenhaal and the child actress were good as father and daughter.
 
---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this series, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

---

Participating Blogs/Bloggers

 

4 comments:

  1. I have not seen any of your picks but I might see the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I've seen Warrior and South Paw but I don't remember jack from them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not surprised. It has sort of typical combat sport with family drama type plot.

      Delete
  3. Win Win looks like fun judging from the poster!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...