Thursday, November 29, 2018

Thursday Movie Picks #229: TMP Television Edition Adapted from a Non-English Series



Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share movie picks each Thursday. The rules are simple: based on the theme of the week pick three to five titles and tell us why you picked them. For further details and the schedule visit the series main page here.

---

This week's Thursday Movie Picks is TMP Television Edition - Adapted from a Non-English Series

---



I've always love these TV edition weeks, but sometimes they can be harder to pick because I don't keep track of the series I've seen. So often I feel I am forgetting a series. Anyway my picks today are ones that I have seen the English remake but not the original series.

The Killing (2011-2014) remake of Forbrydelsen (2007-2012)
A remake of a Danish series, The Killing follows the investigation of the murder of a teenage girl found in in the trunk of a submerged car. I had been looking forward to this since I heard that the original was very good. Unfortunately the remake was a disappointment. The pacing was just glacial; I just could not watch it and only managed about two episodes of the first season.

The Returned (2015) remake of Les Revenants (2012-2015)
A remake of the French series, it's about deceased locals in a small town returning from the dead. I thought this remake was decent. I was quite hooked on it and thus very disappointed when the series was not renewed and we never got the answer as to why the deceased have returned. 

Containment (2016) remake of Cordon (2014)
A remake of a Belgian series, the remake is about a city quarantined after a virus outbreak. Containment was just astonishingly awful; it's like a very juvenile take of an outbreak. The dialogue was very bad, then there was also the whole supposed vaccine research done by a lone doctor in a hospital and the handling of the cordoned area by authorities which were all just so so silly.

---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this series, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

--- 

Participating Blogs/Bloggers
 

3 comments:

  1. I've heard of these shows but haven't watched them. This was a tough week for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I'm guessing that there are some that I've seen that I didn't even know is a remake.

      Delete
  2. I've seen nor heard of any of these.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...